2 tablespoons canola oil
8 ounces of mushrooms. thinly sliced
2 gloves garlic
1 medium onion
8 ounces of ground pork
1 medium carrot or parsnip shredded
1/2 red bell pepper finely chopped
2 cups cooked rice
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
12 or so large leaves from Bib or Boston lettuce
1. In a nonstick skillet place 1 tablespoon oil and heat on medium high,
2. Add mushroom, stirring occasionally until golden brown around 8 minutes.
3. Stir in remaini9ng oil, garlic and onions for about 30 seconds.
4. Add pork and saute, breaking up all the meat into small pieces until just cooked (to maintain juiciness) about 3 minutes.
4. Add carrot or parsnip, bell pepper to skillet until vegetables soften.
5. Stir in rice, soy sauce and sesame oil, cook, stirring constantly for about three minutes.
6. Divide the mixture among lettuce leaves, serve.